New Converts & Baptism--Kingdom of God 2





Let's just stare at this picture for a moment.

I can't begin to explain, the joy that overwhelms me when I look at it. My mind immediately goes back 5 years to when we first began ministry. All the late night talks Delta and I had with this young lady and other teen girls. Begging the Lord to save, asking Him to bring repentance, bring brokenness. Bring LIFE. Back then, I didn't know what to think. I knew and I know God hands are NEVER too short to save anyone. Would we ever see it? Would we witness the power of the gospel in the lives of any of  these girls?
None of that was the goal, we knew we had been placed and called here for a bigger purpose.

The Kingdom of God and it's expansion.
'Thy Kingdom come thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven..."

 It was time to realize & rejoice over the fact  that God saves in His timing. He chisl's, He convicts, He waters and causes growth in the lives of ALL! I wept at this baptism. God did it! If I had of tried to manipulate, or control  this young lady into repenting ( not that I could) I KNOW, I would've  missed out on worshipping the God of our salvation. I had the privilege of watching him peel back the scales from this child's eyes over the years. I've had the privilege of watching her wrestle through scriptures and consider the cost of discipleship. After sharing with me her decision to give her life to the Lord, her first conversation to me was about how she needed and wanted discipleship. God reminded me then of all the things that were said years ago and how now, those things are playing a huge part of what is happening in the life of this young girl.

What is the Kingdom of God? Its HIS rule and reign on earth, as it is in heaven. I'm witnessing it everyday in my hood. It's expanding in more ways than one.
What a privilege and what a gift! I am so unworthy!!!

Please pray for this new life in Christ.



Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! -2 Corinthians 5:17