Canopy



Canopy is the newest (well, not so new) addition to the CGM family. Its the name our our mentor program! The mission of Canopy is to plant ourselves in the life of a student, providing encouragement and spiritual nourishment, in hope of producing a mentor leader who will do the same for the next generation. As a Canopy we desire (as mentors) to cover and protect those under our influence as we grow together ( as a collective body of believers).

I have the privilege of mentoring a young girl whom I've known for a couple of years now. She is a freshman in high school, very outgoing,  VERY intelligent, and I love her to death.  :) Due to difficult circumstances, she even lived with us for a couple of months, which I will say was very challenging, and hard; yet we did enjoy it at times and now miss her as she is back with family.

I have the joy of walking through life this growing young woman until  her high school graduation. I've had the AWESOME  privilege of leading her to the Lord a couple of weeks ago, and God has also set it up where she is even in my CGM discipleship group. This sweet child is up against so much, so many negative influences, so much evil. Yet, she has high expectations of herself, she wants to go to college, she wants to get married, she wants to go to law school and become a lawyer.

                             Below "K" as Rosa Parks at school. I had so much fun dressing her. (lol)

She wants to be different then those around her, she wants to make different choices, live for the Lord and have a good life. I believe she can do all those things with the Lord's blessing. I see Him working and wooing her in so many ways even at the age of 14. God is amazing!  God is growing me in humility, compassion and humility (lol) in this relationship with her.  I am having to  die to myself more as I seek to serve this teen and point her to the one who will come soon for His bride.

My prayer is that she will fall deeply in love with the Savior through the relationship she has with my family. We adore her, and we are the ones that are blessed to be a part of her life. Please continue to pray for us as we minister to her and pray for this sweet new baby Christian.