Next Generation

"Bow your heads and close your eyes. Jesus thank you for allowing us to come and spend the night at Mrs Nicole and Kevin house. Thank you for allowing us to know more about each other and how to love each other. Thank you for your wurd, and please keep helping us to learn more about it, and what it means to be a disciple,and what disciple group iz. Help us to grow more into loving you and knowing how important it was that you died on the cross for our sins.We love you, In Jesus name, Amen" - 10 yr old "H"

One of the things I love is teaching younger girls/women how to study and go deep into Gods word. I remember when I first became a believer and received a concordance as a gift, my heart began to beat soo fast as I was told what I could do with it. Oh my word! I opened that thing up next to my bible and became the Queen of topical studies! LOL!! I remember being late to class and to work because I would spend HOURS studying the scriptures. Praise the LORD I learned stewardship and balance later, because that was NOT CUTE!

Having the privilege to pass this down to my daughter when she was really old enough to grasp this was all I was waiting for. To guide her and train her little mind to look for Jesus and His Holy Spirit was an overwhelming task, yet joyous one.

My husband and I are very serious about discipleship. Teaching and training urban youth on the importance of walking with the Lord at school, home and on the job. Passing on the legacy of being students of the word and NOT CGM or it's staff. I sat in my home tonight and continued to remind these young girls, "one day we will be GONE. Staff will be gone and the doors of CGM will be closed,BUT, GOD will forever REMAIN with you. His Helper will be here with you as well, you must learn and know what it means to walk with Jesus and follow His Holy Spirit on your own."

It was NEVER meant (and will NEVER be) for the people in our community to depend on us. To look to US or depend on us in ways that removes Christ out of the picture. If that ever happens we are not doing what we where called here to do, and that is, to point all of our community to our Savior... Our Refuge, our Strong Tower, the ultimate Provider, our Peace, our only HOPE!

As a staff we want to develop our youth into being  healthy,mature Christians. Having the necessary tools it takes to have their OWN personal walk with Jesus apart from the ministry.We know that's what God would want as well. I loved the sincerity in "H" prayer above. We're talking about a little girl who stayed in fights and mess in our after school program, class bully, and contentious. God gripped her little heart as my daughter and a friend shared the gospel with her last week.She accepted Christ in my car last Sunday and now is excited about learning more about Jesus.

God continues to show up in my hood in some pretty amazing ways! I began to cry when I think about all that He has done while we've been here. Lord, thank you for this view!! Continue to show up, change me, and change my hood! Your works are amazing!!!

Please continue to pray for us! Thank you!!