Checking My Gauge Pt 1

“We don't forget that we are Christians. We forget that we are human, and that one oversight alone can debilitate the potential of our future.” Wayne Cordeiro, Leading on Empty: Refilling Your Tank and Renewing Your Passion

My husband and I, just began reading a book together that a wise brother in the Lord recommended and I'M loving it!  I can't begin to explain the amount of fear and self examination this book is bringing up. This upcoming January our family will enter into our 7 yr mark as full time Urban Missionaries. I've never in my life been on a job this long-LOL!!

I'm about to be real honest for a minute. Ya girl is tired. PHYSICALLY, MENTALLY..yea tired.  I think as ministers we forget how important it is to take a break. To step back, breathe, remove yourself from all the chaos, disunity,and  day to day toils. IT'S VERY scary and sad that sometimes as missionaries and ministers we wait till its too late to take a time out from the callings over us. Too late meaning we wait till something effect our kids, our spouse, our marriages, or our physical health.
We have to stop doing this and remember GOD IS GOD, WE ARE NOT.

Our bodies need rest, we need development, our families are important, our service to Jesus is very important and the communities we serve need to see us do a better job with taking Sabbaths. I'm not implying anything in this post other than this: GOD IS Sovereign and why this book ended up in our hands in the timing it did is apart of a master plan.

Excuse me as I sit back and watch this unfold.

TO BE CONTINUED.........


And he said to them, “Come away by yourselves to a desolate place and rest a while.” For many were coming and going, and they had no leisure even to eat.-Mark 6:31


Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”--Matthew 11:28-29