5am Club

"No doubt we can all identify with C.S. Lewis’ observation that: “The moment you wake up each morning, all your wishes and hopes for the day rush at you like wild animals.”

But we must respond in kind: "The first job each morning consists in shoving it all back; in listening to that other voice, taking that other point of view, letting that other, larger, stronger, quieter life come flowing in.”

I read this quote from a blog that I view from time to time..boy is this the truth!! A sweet young girl that I mentor, have agreed to be apart of this club with me. Every morning she and I take turns in giving wakeup calls to one another to insure that we are spending time with the LORD. This has been a HUGE encouragement to me as I have been feeling like I am in a fight for my life spiritually. When you are in battle the best thing to do is to rise early and put your armor on, go over your plan with your commander and figure out ways to stay alive in the heat of war. God's grace is available to all who dare to join this club..won't you join us? the rewards are beyond anything you can ever imagine




quote taken from:
C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity, (SanFrancisco, CA: Harper, 2001), 198