Home Sweet Home

Kevin and I returned from our little getaway trip in honor of our 6 year wedding anniversary.
What fun we had! Its great to look back on your marriage and remember how HARD and FRUSTRATING those first years were..whew!! praise the LORD that is over.. there were times we didn't think we would make it pass three. Life as I know it today is beautiful...being raised in a single parent home, I never knew what marriage looked like ( let alone a Christian marriage)
I am so thankful to the LORD again, for our commitment to the LORD and to each other..He is my best friend

This weekend has truly given me fuel to engage those in my neighborhood.. My prayer is that many marriages would be changed for God's Glory....and that many children in the hood would grow up with a NEW model of the family..
I know this is Jesus Heart for my neighborhood, I believe that things will be different for these little ones
it's great to be back!
*********************************************
HUMBLE ALERT!!!!!

In peace I will both lie down and sleep,For You alone, O LORD, make me to dwell in safety.-Psalm 4:8

I knew this verse..yet, I was scarred out of my mind when this happend!!!!!

I must thank the LORD for bringing us through that storm we ran into on the way back home..I had a panic attack as we were headed down I65..we were in Prattville, AL as the news indicated that there was a TORNADO warning...My LORD!! We prayed, and prayed, and prayed, and prayed....We made it in the driveway at 3:15pm. TORNADO/ Sever Storm hit the area at 2:50pm .. Here are a few pics of the damage.. I am in shock and AWE..please pray for those who have lost their homes, and for the rebuilding of this city..pray for me as well as I still at times struggle with fear, worry and anxiety ( which are all sins) Matt. 6


Shopping Center






Walmart




Sky View






Apartment Complex Destroyed