He executes justice for the oppressed and gives food to the hungry. The LORD sets prisoners free, the LORD gives sight to the blind, he lifts up those who are bowed down, the LORD loves those who live justly. The LORD watches over the immigrant and sustains the fatherless and the widow, but he frustrates the ways of the wicked. -Psalm 146:7-9

Friday, April 4, 2008

Seeing Jesus Beyond Poverty

I am always looking to be refreshed in ministry..though I am not out like Kevin and Bk. I just thinks its good to go back and listen to these sermons so that I am prepared to fight against those times when things become a challenge..you know when you want to say.."look honey, I dont think the LORD callled us to do that"... or when you think..." why are we here again?"

This video from the 2007 conference was good! I am refreshed on compassion and love, and reminded of the christian responsibility towards the social institutions of our day



The sermon starts at 53:36

A.R. Bernard: Thursday Evening Plenary:








".......for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.- Matthew 5:45b