Girls, Girls, Girls



“Earth's crammed with heaven, And every common bush afire with God; But only he who sees, takes off his shoes - The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.”
- Elizabeth Barrett Browning


Well, the summer has begun for us! yay!!! our little one is out of school and so is every other kid on westcott.
The past couple of weeks have been so encouraging and fun. I have REALLY enjoyed spending time with all of them. After a couple of weeks of living here I was a little shaken that all I saw were little boys.. I always found myself wondering, now who will kaiya play with.. my close friend with a little girl her age is 30 minutes away. Not that I dont want her to play with boys, I just think its good for her to have some girlfriends around from time to time. You know, to do girly stuff.. Well, child.. the LORD did not wait to answer that prayer... For the past couple of weeks I have had a house full..at least 7 at one time...

Anyway, it's been fun to watch them play dress up, dance, sing, argue, paint nails, ect.. I left home to run to the store one evening, and I walked in the door and my husband had them all in a circle having bible time. It was so encouraging to see. Now don't get me wrong, there has been some challenging times where I get the mouth that is disrespectful & flippant or the eyes that have a tendency to roll..but even in that as I struggle to not get angry or hurt ( as I have) I have to remind myself that this is an opportunity to train and I have to be patient with them..
But the coolest thing one of my BFF's from down the street (LOL..she knows who she is) reminds me is that in every person , even in those that are hard to be around, I am able to use those times as an opportunity to remind myself of who the LORD is. In God's word we see all men and women were created in God's image, but we also see that this image is distorted due to sin. Though that is true, we have the privilege to see the LORD through the life of a sinner because of God's grace & the vision the Holy Spirit has given us to see him in all things. Would you please continue to pray for all the little girls that are in my house everyday? Pray as well for me as I prepare to host a sleepover for kai this friday which will include MANY of the girls from our block! (smiling)

I am thankful, I really am. Here's to a great worshipful summer

Father, you are truly amazing.. I just dont know what to say, you have me at a lost for words. Your wisdom, and love over me and those around me has me tongue tied. I love you...
Thank you for creating "k" Lord, for it is in her that I am reminded that you are omnisapient ( all wise)
Thank you for creating "a", who from 2 weeks old have been placed in the most difficult living situation.. its in her and her circumstances I am reminded that you are a great shepherd who lovely takes care of all his sheep from now unto eternity
Thank you for creating "s", for in this little girl I am reminded of your compassion and love in her hugs, kisses, and affectionate rubs to my face.
Help me to see you daily Lord, please keep me from sin that blurs my vision