A sense of Community



Meet Mrs. Ethel.. I have grown so fond of her..
She and her daughter are out with me everytime crank I up my car. From walmart, to Eastchase( local mall), to my daughters graduation from Pre k..so sweet of her to come!
Mrs Eheltherrrrr ( as delta and I call her) is what we would call the neighborhood grandmother.. She sits out on her porch daily, and watch after every child that runs, and walks up and down our block... If she catches the local kids fighting, or stealing, or walking in the street. she is going to say something to them about it. She may even grab a switch and discipline them if there parents are not around. You cant be a sensitive parent living on our street with her around, you child will be corrected. (smiling)

I love that about her. I love the fact that she loves us and our children that she is willing to correct them, and protect them, even when she didn't know us that well. Sitting out on the porch with them from time to time, reminds me of the stories about community life that took place before they started building homes without porches. The life when you knew everyone around you, when you were yelling from your house over to your neighbors asking about their day at work or school, or for some good recipe. I remember growing up in a neighborhood like that, were everyone knew my parents and if i did something I wasn't suppose to, you best believe my grandmother would know it before I hit the door.. What accountability!!!!

It saddens me we dont live like that anymore..now we build privacy fences to keep others from being in our business or we use them as a excuse to get away from sinful fear and say." we are using wisdom"
by no means am I saying it is a sin in and of it self to have those things..its all about the motives of our hearts. I see more, and more as we live here how the LORD has designed for us to live in COMMUNITY with each other.. TO be so closely involved with the lives of those in the body that it makes it more and more difficult to get a way with sin..

I love how the CCDA puts it into words.. "God’s intention for every community is that His shalom would reign. Can you imagine neighborhoods with secure streets, healthy relationships, effective and affirming schools, clean air, and a thriving local economy? Can you picture neighbors sharing meals together, children laughing and playing freely, and the elderly being valued, honored and cared for as the norm in our communities? Can you fathom vibrant churches in every neighborhood being beacons of light and hope because of their deep concern for the well being of all community residents, not just their members? Can you envision people being drawn to the love and power of God because of the clear witness of Christians fully committed to Jesus Christ?
We can! In fact, CCDA exists to see this kind of impact in the poorest communities in our nation and world. Our passion and commitment is to be a voice of challenge, equipping Christ-followers who are ready to step forward and see the shalom of God become a reality in under-resourced communities. To this end, we pray boldly and confidently, as Jesus prayed, “Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.”



I know and I must say, the only reason I am able have such a RENEWED way of thinking ( and child, it is renewed because I KNow I never thought like this before Christ) is because of #1 the GRACE that has been given to me..#2 because of the measure of FAITH that He has allotted to me in accordance of His will.. (Romans 12:1-3)

I have to give GOD the glory and boast ONLY in the Cross for all that HE is doing around me.. Would you join me in praising and thanking Him today for opening our eyes to see wonderful things in His teachings (psalm 119:18,34)

Have a Thankful and Humble weekend!