"Dude, where's my phone??"



Tuesday evenings is usually the same for us in the King house. We take Kaiya down to the Kelly's, and we go out on our date. But, (smiling) this past tuesday, was by far the most weirdest tuesday we have had, and I am soo sure there are more coming. So, the night went like this. I left Delta's house to head home to meet kevin so that we can go out on our date. I had just talked to him on his cell phone about 20 minutes before I left D's house. As I was walking home, I tried to reach him again and I kept getting this weird message. SO I just gave up. When I got home, he was there getting ready, he informed me that some of our other friends would be keeping Kaiya for us that night, and I was excited about that , because they have always wanted to keep her again for us. Plus, kaiya loves to go over there and play "mama" to their 2yr old.
Anyway, as we were about to leave there was a knock at the door. Kevin answered it and I just happen to peek from the kitchen to see who it was.. it was one of the neighborhood drug addicts asking for some money.. I continued on with what I was doing in the kitchen. I leave out the kitchen and kevin then is like walking around asking for his cell phone.. we all begin to scramble around in a hurry in hope's of finding it.. after about 10 minutes he then ask me to call it. I grab the house phone and I begin to call his number....

A Man answers........

Man--"Hello"
Me-"uhh, Hellooo"
Man-"Hello"
Me-(I begin to call him by one of the neighborhood teenagers name) "keev" is this you"
Man-"hello"
Me-" boy, where are you"..
Man-" this aint no keev"
Me-(eyes are big..saying in my phone voice and those who know me, you know what that sounds like..LOL) "um, yes, who is this?"
Man- " I got your phone and I was just about to call you"
Me- thinking ( oh, heck naw!! let me give this phone to my husband..what in the world!!!)

I then just pass the phone to kevin and tell him it's some dude.. He takes the phone and I hear bits and pieces of the conversation....
" hello...
"who dis...."
"okay...well... how did you get my phone...."
"What...okay"
"where you at..."
"thanks man, I really appreciate this..."
Me- "babe, what happen, who was tha
t"

Kevn then begins to tell me that it appears that some neighborhood drug addict somehow got his phone and SOLD IT to a DRUG DEALER for SEVEN DOLLARS!!! what in the world!!! The drug dealer then begins to tells him that he wanted to try and call him to find out who's phone it belonged to, so he could return it to its rightful owner ( of course, not in those words)... He says that he know how drug addicts can be sometime( you have gots to be kidding me??) in selling things that dont belong to them and that pisses him off.. he, knowing how it feels because he has lost many phones, he just wanted to return ours.

We are blown away...we then jump into our car and head over to...you guessed it the dealer house or shall I say " the trap"
( that's what they call are calling drug homes in the hood).. to get my man's cell phone

I am sitting there like, okay, feeling a little, umm, weird and thinking..is he really going to give kevin his cell phone back, surely he isn't???
We pull down this street full of abandon houses and empty lots and we dont see the house the guys described........
then I look, and I see a hand waving for us... (signing) Whew....

We pull up in front of the house and about 3 guys are there posted up, the guy hands kevin the phone and kevin thanks him and says..
"good looking out man.."

the man then says .."no prob.."

my husband, just as bold as he wants to be asks .." man, i know you cant tell me this, but what did he look like..was he wearing a red hat.." ( thinking it may have been the guy who just left our home asking for money)

the guys kinda gave this one sided smile and said.."naw
"

We thanked him again and we head off into the sun set for our date..... (ha!)

We are still not sure how in the world someone got his cell phone...He is thinking he either dropped it in the yard or out in the street before he came into the house to get ready.... Whatever the case.... I saw the LORD answer, again, for me what I pray for Kevin and BK all the time..
Luke 2:52 --And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men.
Only God in his grace could have given my husband favor with those men that day....

Hmmm.. Now I wonder what in the world could possibly happen today (smiling..)