What an Honor


" Discovering and collaborating with the Holy Spirit in witness would revolutionize our sense of authority we ourselves have as a witness. God goes before us. God is there with us. God remains with us God remains after us. God redeems and God intervenes.
Our authority as witnesses emerges out of our union with Christ through the Holy Spirit. Whenever you speak of Christ with another you are not alone. God is with you in front and behind, before and after. We can rest in authority and be secure in God's presence with us to convict, to heal and to save. Witness is not about us. It's about God, and God's presence in the journey of others."




I bought the book above at a CCDA conference last year. I read most of the book but I haven't finished yet. ( I am a sucker for READING!!) The LORD brought it to mind this evening as I just smiled and thought deeply about our FIRST bible study we had wit the teen girls. Oh, guys, thank you so much for praying for us!!! Like ....I was about to cry all over again on what i witnessed the LORD do. At our first meeting with the girls, we had a discussion on "The Perfect Man". As an ice breaker, Delta asked the girls to name at least 4 qualities that they look for in a man ( or their boyfriend). Delta then explained to them that tonight we are going to look at how GOD is all and more of every quality we called out. It was so encouraging and neat. The girls were so attentive. They even volunteered to read the scriptures for themselves out loud!

When we got to the gospel presentation, I shared my testimony. In one part of my testimony I shared something very difficult I had to endure as a child .this lead one of the girls to ask me "how did you get over that, and how can you say that you will forgive him" The LORD i tell you , is so good.. I begin to talk with them about forgiveness, and of course we went right into the gospel message. I am just so humbled and rejoicing in the LORD wanting to use us. This is why I LOVE that quote above, I really do feel as if D and I hearts desire was for the HOLY SPIRIT TO move mightily. God really did go before us and cause their hearts to be receptive. GOd lead us to the girls he had chosen to hear HIs truth at the time HE chose. Instead of us going out and looking for girls in our neighborhood to share CHRIST with. WE just prayed and kept our eyes open to who the LORD would send. ( please dont think I am saying that you are never to evangelize on the spot, there are many cases where you will do that. Just leave yourself open to WHATEVER the LORD decides to do) We joined Him in a journey that was already in progress, the HOLY SPIRIT was already at work in the lives of these girls.

It wasn't anything that we did, it was all GOD. These girls did not come into the faith that night , but we can still have HOPE because the LORD will still be at work in their hearts. All we have to do is pray, wait, and share truth and the LORD will take of the rest. It was such a sweet time of laughter, tears and love. I cant wait till next week!! Please continue to pray for our time together. I do believe that the LORD heard the cries of you all on our behalf. What a blessing it is to be apart of the body of Christ.