Christ Is All She Needs



Deuteronomy 10:18
"He defends the cause of the fatherless and the widow, and loves the alien, giving him food and clothing"


As I sit in my home this afternoon, I cant help but to think about all the adults, and children the LORD has brought into our home. I am so, so, humbled over the privilege to know so many of our neighbors. I feel so unworthy when I look into many of their faces, as they reflect HIS image back to us. You remember "B" (Alberta) I was telling you about....Well, I just got word yesterday that the custody battle for her is somewhat drawing close to an end..The courts have awarded her REAL family custody and they will come to remove her from the family down the street...Even as I type this I cant keep back the tears...why LORD, why???

Anyway, I was thinking she may not be the first, the first who will come into our lives and leave due to some custody battle, drugs, gangs, ect...There is so much we don't know about, there are sooo many others the LORD may bring into our paths..this situation just really gave me a even clearer vision of who the LORD is and wants to continue to be for "B".

Though I am sad, I rejoice over the LORD being a father to the fatherless. Having the privilege of this little girl gracing our home have helped me to see the LORD feed, clothe, and comfort the fatherless. Because of knowing her, my FAITH has been challenged, and even more strengthen in what the scriptures teaches on Matthew 6. Though this little girl family left her abandoned to a even more unstable situation, we have witnessed the LORD provided so much happiness for her, amidst difficult times. Only the LORD could do something like this, only the Ancient of Days!!

B's situation is not about me, and its not about our ministry. But, it is so much more about God's glory. This is the way HE has ordained to be glorified through her life. Man, that brings so much comfort to my little heart. Because it has to be HIM that will take care of her..does He not promise that in Psalm 10..."The LORD is King for ever and ever; the nations will perish from his land....
.....You hear, O LORD." Not only does God see...but He hears. "O LORD, you hear the desire of the afflicted; you encourage them, and you listen to their cry. You defend the fatherless and the oppressed, in order that man, who is of the earth, may terrify no more." God cares. God is involved. I agree with a friend that says..."we have a God who sees, a God who cares, and a God who hears the cries of the afflicted, a God who is a helper to the fatherless, a God who ministers grace to the oppressed in times of need.So we sing. We sing a song of confidence in God's triumph over evil."

I sure am going to miss opening up my front door to hear a raspy, deep, voice and lips that smack saying, "uhhhh, Miss Nicole, can I uhhh play wif Kaiya, huh..whut cha doin in dar" :)




Jesus will meet my deepest need . . .
Water for those who are thirsty
Bread for the hungry
Strength for the weak
Righteousness for the sinful
Healing for the wounded
Forgiveness for the guilty
Rest for the weary
A friend for the lowly
Fullness for the empty
Joy for the grieving
Peace for the troubled heart
Beauty for the scarred

He is . . .
Direction for those who don't know which way to go
Home for the rejected
Love for the unloved
Father for the fatherless
Husband for the widow
Freedom for those who have lost their way
A refuge for the fearful
Hope for the discouraged
Fruitfulness for those who are barren
Life for those who are dead

Christ is all I need
.
-Author Unknown



Kaiya and Alberta 2nd day of school ( Kaiya-Kindergarten; Berta- Preschool) Sept. 2008