Testimony

I just wanted to share with you this email I received from Ben Washer over at Reach Records. I am amazed at the LORD and the heart he has for all people!! His desire is for all to come to the full understanding of the gospel! I am so thankful that guys like Lecrae are willing to preach the whole counsel of GOD and Rebel against the culture! Please keep this fan in your prayers
****************************************

Hey Bloggers,
Thank you for all the support of the Rebel album. So far the response has been amazing with the CD getting in more hands than we ever thought. Your help in getting the word out through your blog sites are instrumental in letting the world know!
I wanted to share below an incredible testimony of how the Lord is using the Gospel communicated through the album. This kind of feedback helps fuel us to keep pressing on and sharing the name of Christ. Amazing how the Lord can use "Rebel" to give others a confrontation with the Savior.
----
Hey Lecrae, I don't know if you check this or not. But I just heard your new album front to back. I'm not gonna lie to you. I'm kinda drunk right now. Ive been battling with the existence of God, and with trying to fill my life with things of this world and they weren't getting the job done that I wanted them too. So I began to give up. I had thoughts of Suicide. I didn't want to be alive.I started drinking after a year break from it. Tonight or soon to come was the time I was gonna end me. I guess I hadn't done it yet because I had a gut feeling that there is something missing that I haven't tried yet to fill me with. I heard 'Indwelling Sin' and it saved me. It straight up saved my life. I heard the song as you having a conversation with Sin. I don't know if that's how you wrote it. But after hearing you shut down sin in that song, and rebelling against it, gave me a spark of hope. I felt dirty all over, like I was covered in mud. I got in the shower (but you cant wash off alcohol sadly enough) and for the 40 min I was in there I just let the water hit me as I thought. And I found a comfort place in my heart to make the decisions I need to to be happy and live a better full life. Thank you again bro....You are a savior to me....but you have helped me get one step closer to opening up to the true savior...again.