From One Generation To Another




O my people, hear my teaching; listen to the words of my mouth. I will open my mouth in parables,
I will utter hidden things, things from of old what we have heard and known, what our fathers have told us.
We will not hide them from their children; we will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the LORD his power, and the wonders he has done. He decreed statutes for Jacob and established the law in Israel, which he commanded our forefathers to teach their children, so the next generation would know them, even the children yet to be born, and they in turn would tell their children. Then they would put their trust in God and would not forget his deeds but would keep his commands.
-Psalm 78:1-7


Kevin and I were asked a couple of months ago to be the god parents of this precious little girl. "Z" or "sumo", as some call her.. is the baby of one of the teen moms in our SLAM! group. Kevin and I do not take this thing lightly. We want to be apart of this little girl life. We want to commit to praying for her purity, salvation, her integrity, her passion and zeal for the LORD. Her mom is not a believer so of course we are going to bump heads possibly in the future over somethings...but, for the most part she is VERY RECEPTIVE to the counsel we give. When asked by her boyfriend/baby daddy as well as Kevin why did she want us to be her child's god parents and exactly what did that mean..her reply was "because I like the fact that they are walking with GOD and they can teach me and "Z" things that we don't know...I am not asking you to be the type of God parents that just buy gifts..I want you to help me raise her right"




What a privilege and a challenging task we have before us. God I know wants us to declare his praiseworthiness to this baby and the generation to come. I am looking forward to sharing with her mom the goodness of the LORD when it comes to parenting...I am humbled as well to share with her as much wisdom as the LORD gives on what it means to be a life giving nurturing biblical woman created in God's image...Would you PLEASE keep "Z" and her mom in your prayers.. Please pray continuously for Kevin and I as we humbly seek to share our lives with the two of them.



Psalm 71:15-18
My mouth will tell of your righteousness,
of your salvation all day long,
though I know not its measure.
I will come and proclaim your mighty acts, O Sovereign LORD;
I will proclaim your righteousness, yours alone.
Since my youth, O God, you have taught me,
and to this day I declare your marvelous deeds.
Even when I am old and gray,
do not forsake me, O God,
till I declare your power to the next generation,
your might to all who are to come.