Reaching The Limit



What does Matthew 7:6 mean by not offering "that which is holy" to the dogs?


Answer
Look at Matthew 7:6: “Give not that which is holy unto the dogs; neither cast your pearls before swine lest they trample them under their feet and turn again and lacerate you.” Our Lord, in giving instructions to his disciples—really, the Sermon on the Mount had them in mind much of the time—warned them about a certain thing, and that was giving good things to evil men. What does it mean by "that which is holy"? Because whatever it means, it’s synonymous with pearls.

Pearls, in the Greek, is “margarites,” from which you get “Margaret” and “Rita.” It’s a precious thing. That which is holy is something specially set apart to God. What he’s saying is this: do not continually offer holy things to people who devour them, reject them, and turn them back to you lacerated and torn apart. You know what I believe he’s saying? I believe he’s saying that you only need to present the gospel to a certain point and when then people become abusive and blasphemous, it’s time to cease at that point, at least, the offering. There is a limit.


After months of praying, and just not having any peace about the direction of SLAM!..Delta and I have decided to take a break for a while..how long?? We are not really sure, we are just willing to wait it out and see what the LORD does. I explained to the girls that we loved them, we would always be here for them, that they could come and still hang out with us, we would still plan fun hang out times together whenever the LORD permits...but as far as a weekly bible time, that would not happen at this point anymore..I explained to them that the weekly bible times would be only for those who were serious about having a personal relationship with the LORD..... We have reached our point

This was one of the most difficult things I have ever had to do...I could not hold back the tears afterwards and neither could the girls..they were shocked, and were asking "why"...one of the girls kept saying to the others, " I don't know about ya'll but I am ready, I am going to be here still every Wednesday for my bible study, I am ready, I'm ready" ( to be a christian that is)... after we finished talking I prayed again, this time i asked each girl to repeat the sinners prayer after me in their hearts quietly.. if that's what they wanted to do... again, it was explained to them this was not a ploy to get them to become Christians, it was explained to them that this needs to be a decision based ONLY from a sincere heart that wants to follow Jesus at all cost for all of eternity...
For the time being there will still be a bible study going on at my home that consists of younger girls (ages 6-12) who are hungry, thirsty and seeking after the LORD..so please continue to pray for them as well..


I don't know what is to come friends.. I just pray that the LORD gives sight to the blind soon
Thanks for all your prayers!


I ended our time with this song...don't forget to pause music player