Speaking The Truth In Love


(* half of SLAM! with Christian Hip Hop Artist Lecrae*)

'Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him."

Man, that is such a hard thing to look someone in the eyes and say ...but I did.. and the LORD gave me grace to speak the truth in love, I believe with much compassion and boldness. There was silence in the room for a good little while...one of the girls asked was I about to call each of them out one by one about their sins.. I assured her I wasn't..they all knew where they stood before the LORD and I also reminded her that GOD already knew what was in her heart... I begin the night recapping who they were in creation...clay images, which is a powerful lesson in humility( as I am learning) as well as images of God, creatures with value and dignity. Afterwards, I begin to explain what they deserve as sinners...God's wrath to be poured out among them for their hardened, stubborn, unrepentive hearts...(One of the girls was excited to use her new study bible to explain to the group what " wrath" meant..) I explained to them what they do deserve, nothing but hell, but the LORD wants to extend GRACE to them by offering them JESUS as their LORD and SAVIOR... I told them in the beginning of bible study that many of them may not want to come back, or may even be offended at what I say..and that was alright...because your beef is not with me ultimately...its with the LORD...

I left them to study and look over the Romans Road of Salvation for their times with the LORD this week, and I must say, one of the girls that is living with us has been very diligent in reading those verses, she as well as another...they both have told me this week that they think they are "ready to give it all up"...I pray that they do...so continue to pray friends...There were two girls who it was obvious their hearts were not feeling a thing i said..and thats ok...because I am confident that if the LORD wants them, HE has the power to grip up and break up those harden hearts anytime her feel like doing so...

If Jesus have women like Rahab, Bathsheba, Tamar, in his family who all have such amazing redemption stories to tell...then clearly these girls have hope...until then, ya girl waits in expecting for the LORD to change hearts

I am so eternally grateful for all your prayers...the LORD used them greatly I believe that night