He executes justice for the oppressed and gives food to the hungry. The LORD sets prisoners free, the LORD gives sight to the blind, he lifts up those who are bowed down, the LORD loves those who live justly. The LORD watches over the immigrant and sustains the fatherless and the widow, but he frustrates the ways of the wicked. -Psalm 146:7-9

Monday, October 26, 2009

I know Who I Am


One of the things I have always struggled with as a Christian is who I am in Christ. I have a huge tendency to gaze intently at others and their lives...their talents, their gifts, their children, their body types, the way they steward their homes,ect,ect,ect. I have talked myself in believing the LIE that the Lord, let alone my husband would never really accept me as I am. I have made God out to be a liar, and his word not TRUTH, all from seeds of doubt that I have feed, and watered over the course of time. I finally am coming to the point where enough is enough. I am really trying to go hard in my walk with Christ where I am not ashamed to share with Kevin or close friends my struggles. Honesty and Humility is truly the pathway to revival. I believe there is some AMAZING GRACE waiting there for me. This past week at the conference a friend of ours lead us in praise and worship. The Song was I know Who I Am by Israel & New Breed Feat. Chris Tomlin. The words just spoke so much truth over me. This song as well as various verses on who the LORD say that I am in Him will be my meditation until my mind is renewed. I really have to believe all that I say that I believe. This walk is a beast!!! Praise God its possible through HIM!! Now if you will... I need to print the list below :)




Who I Am In Christ--BIBLE VERSES TO REMEMBER


I am accepted...
John 1:12 I am God's child.
John 15:15 As a disciple, I am a friend of Jesus Christ.
Romans 5:1 I have been justified.
1 Corinthians 6:17 I am united with the Lord, and I am one with Him in spirit.
1 Corinthians 6:19-20 I have been bought with a price and I belong to God.
1 Corinthians 12:27 I am a member of Christ's body.
Ephesians 1:3-8 I have been chosen by God and adopted as His child.
Colossians 1:13-14 I have been redeemed and forgiven of all my sins.
Colossians 2:9-10 I am complete in Christ.
Hebrews 4:14-16 I have direct access to the throne of grace through Jesus Christ.

I am secure...
Romans 8:1-2 I am free from condemnation.
Romans 8:28 I am assured that God works for my good in all circumstances.
Romans 8:31-39 I am free from any condemnation brought against me and I cannot be separated from the love of God.
2 Corinthians 1:21-22 I have been established, anointed and sealed by God.
Colossians 3:1-4 I am hidden with Christ in God.
Philippians 1:6 I am confident that God will complete the good work He started in me.
Philippians 3:20 I am a citizen of heaven.
2 Timothy 1:7 I have not been given a spirit of fear but of power, love and a sound mind.
1 John 5:18 I am born of God and the evil one cannot touch me.

I am significant...
John 15:5 I am a branch of Jesus Christ, the true vine, and a channel of His life.
John 15:16 I have been chosen and appointed to bear fruit.
1 Corinthians 3:16 I am God's temple.
2 Corinthians 5:17-21 I am a minister of reconciliation for God.
Ephesians 2:6 I am seated with Jesus Christ in the heavenly realm.
Ephesians 2:10 I am God's workmanship.
Ephesians 3:12 I may approach God with freedom and confidence.
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.