Gods Glory In Missions







For from the rising of the sun even unto the going down of the same my name shall be great among the Gentiles; and in every place incense shall be offered unto my name, and a pure offering: for my name shall be great among the heathen, saith the LORD of hosts.
-Malachi 1:11-13
So...I am listening to Paul Washer preach a sermon on Gods Glory In Missions . Here is some of the things that are standing out to me...
God says His name shall be great among the nations...He was angry when he made the above statement above. The people he is speaking of (Israel) could carel ess about God let alone His people. They were apostate. In the midst of this..in the midst of their lack of love, their harden hearts, self centeredness, lack of passion..God says HE WILL MAKE HIS NAME GREAT AMONG THE NATIONS!

What encouragement!! Missions, its goal, has nothing to do with me, has nothing to do with my performance. The plan of the great commission does not depend on any group of men( or person) on the face of earth. God will get HIS WORK DONE!!! No matter what happens around me, how people respond, my times of selfishness, threats, or persecution. God will call forth His people HE has CHOSEN before the face of the earth! I am so encouraged tonight, and so secure and content in the gospel of grace,Gods power, and sovereignty!


When you go to the mission field..don't go after the lost, go after your family. (even that men caught in the sin of homosexuality) Everyone has the potential to be your sister and brother in Christ.You've got brothers and sisters on that field, and they don't know about their Father. They don't know that before the foundation of the world a decree was made to SAVE men. They don't know that 2000 years ago blood was shed on a tree for them.


This is only the first 15 minutes....


Lord give us a heart for your GLORY and for your name to be known to all the nations!!!!