Grilled New York Strip Steak with Beer and Molasses Steak Sauce


I have heard some really, I mean really great things about this recipe. I trust the Neelys, they always have great recipes on their show, so I am sure this one will be a hit! I am going to try it out tonight. (debating if I want to try chicken first instead of steak..hmmm) Will let you know how it turns out.


Prep Time: 10 min
Inactive Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time:40 min
Serves: 6 servings

Ingredients For sauce:
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 medium onion, finely diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups ketchup
1/2 cup molasses
1/2 cup apple cider
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup lager-style beer
1 tablespoon yellow mustard
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon paprika
3 (1 pound each and 1/2-inch thick) prime-aged New York Strip Steaks
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons vegetable oil ( I use Olive Oil)


Directions
For the sauce: In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add onion and garlic and saute for 3 minutes, until softened. Add the rest of the ingredients; bring to a boil, then simmer until sauce is reduced to 2 cups, about 30 minutes.

Preheat grill pan. Season steak with salt and pepper and rub with oil. Grill steak about 3 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest 10 minutes and serve with sauce on side.