Dabar (Promise) Psalm 92:12-15


Today''s Promise Comes From
Psalm 92:12-15

"....The righteous will flourish like a palm tree,they will grow like a cedar of Lebanon;planted in the house of the LORD,they will flourish in the courts of our God. They will still bear fruit in old age,they will stay fresh and green,proclaiming, "The LORD is upright; he is my Rock, and there is no wickedness in him"



The neat thing for me in posting these promises is that I am actually, unintentionally finding them in my time alone with God. I never know what promise He will reveal to me from day to day. Its been encouraging to look for them as I am reading. I love this verse. I am encouraged to know in spite of my sinful heart, Gods grace tells me through this verse that I am a tree planted not just in any ol soil, but in the House of the Lord. By his grace, by His word, and spirit I receive all the sap (as Matthew Henry says) and virtue that keep me alive and make me fruitful. Bearing not just any ol fruit. But fruit that will honor the Lord and bring Him glory. One commentator says, we are to fix ourselves to Gods holy ordnance's, take root in them, abide in them, to bring forth much fruit. Matthew Henry in his commentary brings out the point that "A palm tree the more it is pressed down, the more it grows, so that is with us as believers, we flourish under affliction, the more we are afflicted the more we shall multiply."


What a promise this is. Even to old age, we shall never perish, unlike the wicked who is like grass that withers, but we shall live long, stay fresh and green as this verse says. May your hearts be filled with Gods unfailing love today.