Keep Sowing!!


God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them. We want each of you to show this same diligence to the very end, in order to make your hope sure. We do not want you to become lazy, but to imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised.- Hebrews 6:10-12

Here I am back at this verse again. Yesterday was one of the most hardest days I think I have ever had within urban ministry. It was totally chaotic!!!! I just broke down. I had forgot in the moment why we were here. So many discouraging lies began to flood my head. At the moment, its like I forgot all the Truth I had ever known. I cried out asking the Lord to please show me again "why we are here", why is it important for us to preserver through all the persecution, drama, hearts that are rejecting the Truth over and over and over again?? Little did I know, the reminder I was looking for was right around the corner. Last night after bible study, an 11 year old past me a note asking could she come stay at my house because she got into with her step dad. I told her we would talk about it after the kids left and that I would call her home to see what happened. I was thinking maybe she was making something up just so she could come stay at my house.( believe me, they do this alot, you should here some of the stories they come up with..LOL) She was telling the truth. It wasn't good. She goes through verbal abuse and only God knows what else. Her mom wanted her to come to my house. (did I mention in the note one of her parents told her that they wanted her to leave) I told her we would look after her tonight and make sure she got to school on time in the morning. After dinner I made sure she and my little one both showered and got ready for bed. We sat down to pray and She begin to explain to me why she felt it was important that I pray with her to become a Christian. She begins to confess her sins before me and her heart was just broken over the things that she has done. I am again humbled by the Lords faithfulness. I know I wont see things like this all the time. The Lord may decide to go years before he shows me something like that again. I know that even in the midst of not knowing if what we are doing is having an impact, God, because of His faithfulness and how he has ALWAYS kept His word towards me, I must persevere. She understood every thing about the Gospel. As I listened to her talk, I begin to think about how she has changed sooo much within the past couple of weeks. I shared with her what I had noticed about her in my bible study and in her interaction with other kids at the ministry building. We prayed and prayed, and talked and prayed. It was so encouraging. One of the girls I disciple was here as well and she was just in tears. I was thankful she had been with me all day to see Gods face in a profound way.

As I was reading my bible this morning God gave me this Psalm to pray through and OH! how fitting it was to the day I had.



Psalm 71
In you, O LORD, I have taken refuge; let me never be put to shame. Rescue me and deliver me in your righteousness; turn your ear to me and save me. Be my rock of refuge, to which I can always go; give the command to save me, for you are my rock and my fortress. Deliver me, O my God, from the hand of the wicked, from the grasp of evil and cruel men. For you have been my hope, O Sovereign LORD, my confidence since my youth. From birth I have relied on you; you brought me forth from my mother's womb. I will ever praise you. I have become like a portent to many, but you are my strong refuge. My mouth is filled with your praise, declaring your splendor all day long. Do not cast me away when I am old; do not forsake me when my strength is gone. For my enemies speak against me; those who wait to kill me conspire together. They say, "God has forsaken him; pursue him and seize him, for no one will rescue him." Be not far from me, O God; come quickly, O my God, to help me. May my accusers perish in shame; may those who want to harm me be covered with scorn and disgrace. But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more. My mouth will tell of your righteousness, of your salvation all day long, though I know not its measure. I will come and proclaim your mighty acts, O Sovereign LORD; I will proclaim your righteousness, yours alone. Since my youth, O God, you have taught me, and to this day I declare your marvelous deeds.Even when I am old and gray, do not forsake me, O God, till I declare your power to the next generation, your might to all who are to come. Your righteousness reaches to the skies, O God, you who have done great things. Who, O God, is like you? Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter, you will restore my life again; from the depths of the earth you will again bring me up. You will increase my honor and comfort me once again. I will praise you with the harp for your faithfulness, O my God; I will sing praise to you with the lyre, O Holy One of Israel. My lips will shout for joy when I sing praise to you— I, whom you have redeemed.My tongue will tell of your righteous acts all day long, for those who wanted to harm me have been put to shame and confusion.

Wow! Isn't the Lord good. God also revealed Himself and our calling though this short story I read last night. Its the story of
Peter ten Boom who was the cousin of Corrie ten Boom. For those who don’t know the story of the ten Boom legacy, their family was instrumental in saving the lives of Jews during the holocaust in World War II.


"At the age of sixteen, Peter defied the Germans by playing the Dutch national anthem in their church and the entire congregation stood up and sang. For this act of defiance, Peter was imprisoned. After World War II, Peter traveled the world with the same message as his aunt, Corrie ten Boom. During his speaking tour in Israel, Peter had a heart attack and needed surgery. The night before the operation, the cardiologist asked Peter, “Are you by chance related to the ten Booms of Holland?” Peter replied, “Yes, that’s my family!” The doctor responded, “I’m one of the babies that your family saved!” The next day the man whose life had been saved forty years earlier, repaid the debt by saving Peter’s life. We are called to sow seed not knowing where it might spring up!! It’s amazing how God has a way of doing that. Let’s keep sowing, because we shall certainly reap if we faint not!"

I could not AGREE more! Amen.