Rain,Rain




Today was actually a fun, and very good day of homeschooling. It RAINED ALL DAY!!! As we begin our day, I started to think,
Okay Lord, I have gots to make this interesting, fun, and very educational for her (the day that is) I tend to want to do school and get it done QUICK!! Which has left me frustrated and kai discouraged. No more of that. (Lord willing) I sat at the computer with my little one and we found this great website called Weather Wiz Kidz. She sat next to me with her Science folder and a pencil and baby she begin to read and write all the facts she saw about the rain. How does it form? What causes it? During this lesson she begins to explain to me how she is frightened of storms and lighting. The Lord helped me to bring it back to Him, we proceeded in our lesson to read the following verses:

God's voice thunders in marvelous ways; he does great things beyond our understanding He says to the snow, 'Fall on the earth,'and to the rain shower,'Be a mighty downpour.- Job 37:5-7

He covers the sky with clouds; he supplies the earth with rain and makes grass grow on the hills. -Psalm 147


Her face just lit up. I asked her who is in control? Who can we go to when we are frightened, who causes all of this to happen??? God, she says . This wasn't the only lesson we had for today but it was the most important. Here I had the opportunity to train/encourage my child in her fears as well as educate her on what was happening outside our door.I learned a lot myself about the weather. I am so thankful. God is in control. This lesson today reminded me of how important it was for me to not complain about the weather. The Lord is simply fulfilling all his promises by taking care of all of creation. I love it!! He is so Faithful!!!!



By the breath of God ice is given,
and the broad waters are frozen fast.
He loads the thick cloud with moisture;
the clouds scatter his lightning.
They turn around and around by his guidance,
to accomplish all that he commands them
on the face of the habitable world.
Whether for correction or for his land
or for love, he causes it to happen.

Job 37:10-13