What Are You Doing?




Ministry is just messy. Whether it be mariages, parenting,mission work, church body. Living in close community with others is not a easy thing. My mind has been spinning for the past week. So much going on, the world (let alone our neighborhood) is full of choas. The ministry building has become our second home, we are there all the time. I having been asking the LORD to remind me of what we are here to do. Are people listening? Are any of the truths of the gospel and the relationships we built having any kind of effect on the parents, grandmothers, kids in our neighborhood?
As I was teaching about purity last night to a group of 7-12 year olds( including my own, who is with me EVERY WAKING DAY OF THE WEEK! LOL) I begin to wonder if these girls were getting any of this. (one girl by the way became a Christian last night, she literally asked me to pray with her for over a week.. well,Keisha led her to the LORD last night!!please keep her in yoru prayers)
Last night when I came home I begin to think, and read a devotional book I own. In my reading, I was reminded that God was using me to teach a generation of girls eternal TRUTHS that will shape their lives..consequently the lives of their children and their grandchildren.So in the midst of a choatic neighborhood, God indeed was working. Calling all those whom He has chosen before the foundation of the earth unto himself. I am choosing gratitude.

"We will not hide them from their children;we will tell the next generation
the praiseworthy deeds of the LORD, his power, and the wonders he has done..so the next generation would know them, even the children yet to be born, and they in turn would tell their children..."
psalm 78:4,6

Any sacrifice I (or YOU) make to tell of Gods goodness to a child(even your own, you stay at home mom who is TIRED, DEPRESSED and just straight up worn out) or adult will be well worth it. All the laboring, the conflict, the pain or having to reach them will not go unoticed or FORGOTTEN by the GOD who knows and sees all that we do!

God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them.
Hebrews 6:10


Father, we are tired, and discouraged about all that is happening around us. Would you please show yourself to us this week. Please remind us all that we are in this thing for you, for your GLORY,for your REKNOWN. Our hearts break over the brokeness, and sin in our neighborhood. Lord we are calling you, show yourself strong. Thank you for reminding me and showing me glimps of what you are doing in the hearts of the children in our neighborhood. We are here because we know you are here, and have always been at work here. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of what you are doing. May our HOPE BE IN YOU AND YOU ALONE!

Amen