What Is Jesus Worth To You?




"Do you believe that Jesus is worth abandoning everything for? Do you believe him enough to obey him and to follow him wherever he leads, even when the crowds in our culture -maybe even our churches- turn the other way?"



My husband went and spoke to a group of homeless men and train jumpers last weekend. I was so thankful to hear him speak. He always does such an amazing job to me. Its always loving and very honest and Christ centered. I am thankful for him and always excited to watch how the Lord uses him. :) While I was there an older guy,who happend to invite my hub out to speak, was telling me about a new book that was out and he recommended that I read it.The book is called: Radical - Taking Back Our Faith from the American Dream.

Book synopsis:
In Radical, David Platt invites you to encounter what Jesus actually said about being his disciple, and then obey what you have heard. He challenges you to consider with an open heart how we have manipulated a God-centered gospel to fit our human-centered preferences. With passionate storytelling and convicting biblical analysis, Platt calls into question a host of comfortable notions that are common among Christ's followers today. Then he proposes a radical response: live the gospel in ways that are true, filled with promise, and ultimately world changing.

I signed into my FB account today and one of my best friends had a picture of the book on her profile. I got goose bumps when I saw it. I have gots to get my hands on that book this week!! Off and on, I have been reading and talking to many people about Americanized Christianity and how I am just sick to my stomach over it. I want freedom from this bondage!! I found out tonight that there is even an online bible study that goes along with the book, you know that excites me! The video you will see below is of the Author David Platt-31 year old Pastor of Church at Brook Hills here in Alabama (Birmingham to be exact)explaining what the book is all about. Many are starting to call him the next generation John Piper. Whatever anyone calls him, I know one thing, his hearts seems to scream REAL, AUTHENTIC CHRISTIANITY, nothing more, nothing less. Check it out.