Ups and Downs of The Summer




Tomorrow marks CGM official last day of Summer Camp and it's been a blast!! I am kinda sad that we are at the end, yet I am looking forward to our family spending sometime away before tutoring starts up. I promise to come back with a load of Camp pictures, but for tomorrow, I am posting a new video update of a few of the girls(including one of the four being my OWN daughter). I cant wait for you to meet them!! This Saturday, as I have mentioned before, the kids will put on a play production called 'The Big Picture'- Creation, Fall and Redemption. Our main verse this summer was Romans 11:36- For from him and through him and to him are all things.To him be the glory forever! Amen. The kids will have a chance to share the Gospel in front of a host of family, and neighborhood friends. Please, Please be in prayer for us. The play starts are 6pm. I'm looking forward to seeing how the Lord will use these kids in the lives of their parents, many whom have not stepped foot inside of a church in years. Pray that God moves in a mighty way.

We've had many tough times this summer as well. In earlier post I talked a little bit about the three girls and mom who was living with us. Praise the Lord, they finally found a home. Now, I am not saying that in joy that they are finally gone, yet for while, while they were here, I must confess, I struggled and did want them to leave. It wasn't easy, and for the most part its because we really didn't want to cause any dependence on us. We were trying to help the poor without our hurting them or ourselves. Anyway, the situation has yet to get better. My heart breaks for these girls, I still find myself weeping over them, over their mom. Angry at the life they have, the circumstances set before them. I have been so worried as to how they may end up if the LORD don't move and intervene in their lives. I have gots to TRUST HIM, the One who is holding it all together. As I sat in the older girls bible study this past week, the lesson was on redemption and how Jesus will return one day for His sheep, returning to make all things new. We listened to Trip Lee song 'The Invasion-Hero' and I watch this child weep. She longs for things to get better in her home. Can you imagine being in a situation where you move from house to house? At times you cant find your mom, she is missing.. Yet, not really because she doesn't want to be found at times? So you and your three sisters try to carry on the best way you know how? I long for the Lord to rescue the neglected. I long for the Lord to save the LOST and give LIFE to those who are breathing to DEATH. I cant let these girls go, I find myself being drawn right back to wanting to rescue them. I want them to see the LORD. I want them to see Him and how He gives beauty for ashes. I desire for them to know the ONE who is a FATHER to the FATHERLESS. They are not forgotten. He knows each of their names. I trust Him. Oh, Father, bring REDEMPTION now!!!