How To Stay Refreshed




be led by the Spirit, rather than driven by need...In order to be led by the Spirit it is essential that we spend time with God in prayer and meditation before we rush in to meet needs and attempt to solve problems. We are led to joyful action when we first listen to the promptings of God’s Spirit. When we spend time with God each day we recognize how big God is and that God is the salvation of the world, not us. We don’t overestimate our own importance. Instead we let the love of God flow through us as we cooperate with the work God is already doing in the lives of others."
_ Arloa Sutter

I have been pondering and chewing on this quote for the past couple of weeks now. The Lord is using it in my prayer life as well as my times alone with Him. It's very easy to get discouraged in ministry, to think you are the one in CONTROL, to believe the lie that you can do it all by yourself, in your own strength,through your own "wisdom" is foolishness. Yup, I have been foolish. God has been humbling ya girl. I cant do it. I was never meant to. What is happening and not happening in the hearts and lives of my neighbors has nothing to do with me and everything to do with what God already had planned before the foundation of the earth. I desire to follow the spirits promptings when it comes to loving my neighbor as myself. God is killing the rule follower/ problem solver mentality that grows in my heart. Ministry can breed all forms of busyness that isn't useful to the kingdom if God didn't call me to do it. I don't want to be in those places and do those things that His spirit isn't leading me to do. Oh, God, remove this Martha heart. I desire to follow Him and yield to what He is doing.I desire to slow down and sit at His feet more. This isn't easy all the time but through God's grace I really do believe its possible. The goal is to be able to serve the Lord with joy and gladness in this calling and to be here for the long haul (mentally that is). Abiding in God, and keeping my focus on Him is where I will begin and stay.
.

"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.- John 15:5