Invade


After a long day of being with our kids and observing much of what my neighbors consider everyday life, I return home to lay in bed feeling as if the weight of the world is on my shoulders. I mean, how can you sleep well every night knowing some kid doesn't have lights, or haven't eaten in days, or when drugs, gangs and violence is the norm in your area. My heart just aches sometimes. Wondering, how is the LORD working, because I know He is. When will He show up again and invade a place that is surrounded by pain. I cry every time I listen to this song by Trip Lee. I mean, its me crying out to the LORD to come, come and show us your glory! Return to this place that needs you so desperately. Lets read the chorus and second verse together:

In this broken world we wanna better way,
Cause it all went wrong, tell me who can save the day
Invade our world (come and invade our world)
Invade our world (come and invade our world)



You know the place where we placed at
It's like loves been erased they replaced that
There's no food in the crib where they plates at
The kid got shot in the place where he plays at
Jay said this can't be life, I'm lookin at the world like this can't be right
We lookin for the light but we can't be night
We lookin for our health but we can't see right (see right)
Comin y'all we gotta face facts
His years go tears roll down his face
When he had a lot of hope it would fade black
Now he cold and he ain't really fazed at
Anything his face seems light, cause his moneys out like they made three strikes
Needs something to come down invade these nights
A real life Hero need that'll make things right



WE need the Lord to invade! Our hoods are broken, homes are broken, marriages are broken, our world is broken. He is the only Hero that possess such power, and love to make things right. I groan with creation as I eagerly await our adoption.
With a heart of worship,prayer and praise, please listen to this song in its entirety below.