Remembering The Past, Rejoicing in The Present, Re-Imagine the Future


"Go to the places in this world that are rotting away because of sin and be the salt and light YOU were created to be, and be amazed by what happens..."


Ughhh, that quote from the conference just blows me away!! It's me again and I'm glad to be back in the blogger world as well as home.( though, as I write this, gun fire is going off behind our house...what a way to welcome me back) The title above was the theme to the CCDA conference this year. God used this theme to challenge me greatly this past week. From the time I arrived in Indiana from the time I landed in Atlanta, I was taught by the LORD to do all the above. Remember my past, rejoice and choose gratitude in the present and re-imagine (hope) towards the future. God amazes me how things are so under His sovereign control. So much so that I at times really struggle with wanting to surrender my all to him. Ughh, I am such a mess.

My husband, as well as our daughter left early this year in order for me to visit family in Indiana before heading to Chicago for the conference. Seeing my family was long over due. I haven't been home in over 8 years. To be honest, I was afraid I wouldn't be as strong to visit my old stumping ground. I lived in fear of thinking that the temptation there would get the best of me. God kept me and provided grace to where I was deeply sadden and burden at much of what was still happening in the city.

On the way to the conference I had chance to view my old hood. Craaazy!! I was amazed at all that the Lord is doing and has done through many other CCD (Christian Community Development) ministries in the Chicago area. Though these ministries are there, there is still much work to be done in the harvest. Chicago crime is at an all time high. This was the first week back in school for many kids and there were already 4-6 deaths. Kids killing kids man. Ugh, so sadd. Gangs are at war and poverty is high. Please keep the city of Chicago in your prayers, as well as the following CCD ministries below. Our only HOPE is the gospel, may the LORD invade our world and redeem all that is broken. There is not to much I can really say about the conference, with my daughter coming along, I pretty much missed out of some really good sessions. However, the plan is to listen on line and order by mail whatever else I missed.

On a lighter note, if you haven't already, be sure to check out my other blog centered around the topic of Biblical Womanhood. May I introduce to you,
The X~ Factor.
I am excited about this one. Of course, I will continue to blog here, but for right now, I have some unpacking and planning to do.
Later Gators!


Ministries that NEED your prayers as they love the Lord with all their heart, soul, and strength(and loving their neighbors as themselves) through serving the city of Chicago:

Hope House / Nehemiah Discipleship House

The House

Canaan MB Church-West Englewood

Lawndale Community

Breakthrough Urban Ministries

Circle Urban Ministries

Sunshine Gospel Ministries


On another note... I need prayer.. whatever comes to mind when you pray for me is okay. I just need to be taken to the Father on so many different levels. Thanks!