Drinking From A Fire Hydrant




The title of this post is literally how I feel. The image in this post shows what I have been up to this weekend: Secret Church. What is Secret Church you ask? It is an intense time of Bible study (6 hours – from 6pm- 12am) focused on a particular theme. The theme for this time was 'The Body Of Christ' (so what I needed in the season of life I am in) Secret Church is also a reminder that all over the world Christians are forced to gather secretly to study the Word because of persecution. The format of the event is similar to how believers in other parts of the globe gather to read the Bible and to worship Christ with other Christians. It was AMAZING!! This is NOT a blog about all that I have leaned. I am still trying to process it all and I know its going to take longer than a month. I was telling my husband this morning I am looking forward to my time in the word this week. I am going over all these notes and going to let God's word richly dwell within me. So there definitely wont be a detailed post. Sorry. I got a lot of chewing to do.

However,I will say this,I left with a heavy burden for my brothers and sisters around the world and I am also burden for you. The Body of Christ. I want to server you through prayers. I want to use this post to pray for you, your family, your ministry, your intimacy with the Lord. So please, please in my comment section leave prayer request for me(and others who read..so that means those of you reading DO PRAY) to use to pray over you this up coming week. If you don't feel comfortable leaving certain request, please email them to me :mrsnicolek@yahoo.com. Be sure to check the Church at Brook Hills website for past and present audio of Secret Church gatherings.

Have a joyous weekend!


"Our relationship with each other is the criterion the world uses to judge whether our message is truthful- Christian community is the final apologetic" -Francis Schaeffer