Real Talk Pt 2

A friend of mine told me about this show that comes on MTV. I haven't watch it in full as yet, but I am very curious to see how it all plays out. Its a show where they go from High School to High School placing teens in groups ,encouraging them to listen to one another about the issues they face on a daily. A lot of times in high school ( and for us in our adult years) people click up and become friends with those who appear to have it all together. Often times we read blogs, facebook updates, tweets from Twitter and even hear conversations in passing after Sunday morning worship that will leave us with the impression that the people we see or read about have such a "perfect" life. Many times as stay at home moms, when we know we have guest coming over we try our hardest to put our "best foot forward" so that those who come around may get the vibe that we don't struggle at all. ( you know, those of us with multiple children who battle with perfection in keeping the house clean..we wouldn't dare want our guest to see us with the kind of house that is displayed in Cheaper By The Dozen). Well, I will be the first to start off to say I am not perfect. Neither is my life.

I know some of you may know that...but do you believe it?? If you REALLY KNEW me you would know that I too struggle with perfectionism, my home has to look a certain way, things have to stay in a certain order. I am often dealing with anger because I want control and cant stand for things to not go the way I want. I am very insecure and battle inwardly with self image issues. I am a recovering feminist. I deal with jealousy on many different levels and often times can have a loose tongue. I struggle with pride,self control and I am horrible when it comes to communicating at times. (ask my husband-lol)

If you REALLY KNEW ME, you would know I am all about making WAR on my FLESH, I know none of these things are pleasing to the LORD and can NOT be used to edify HIS CHURCH so I strive to walk in obedience and give my life over to the one who has captured me by HIS GRACE and MERCY. I FAIL at this all the time. I do. If you REALLY KNEW ME, you would know that I too am in need of GRACE and all that you see or hear from me is because GOD is at work in my heart. Please be careful not to place anyone on a pedestal. WE are all weak, willed sinners striving to look more like CHRIST everyday. In all, I am thankful for GRACE and how it is ALWAYS available to Gods people in their time of need. My desire is to boast only in the cross of Christ, I pray that by God's grace you are found there as we