Ongoing Battles









For the past week, I have been so stressed out and discouraged about my homeschooling. It seems these emotions always happen during our second semester of school. I begin to become anxious about whether or not we will finish all our work before the summer, should I continue to homeschool after this year, is Kai really learning as much as she should, am I cheating her out of an education because my homeschooling efforts don't look remotely close to all the blogs, books and friends I know. *sighing*. I have been crying out to God often, asking Him to lead me and guide me. I've been asking Him to help me be content with where I am and not to covet my neighbors "oxen or sheep". I know my life will never look like the next person because God has blessed us all with different gifts, has given us all different callings, and all of our kids are different. So why do we go through this never ending cycle of comparisons? Why do we not trust that we serve a God who is in control and knows whats best for our kids and for us?


Tonight I will fight to TRUST in Jehovah Shalom- God of Peace.

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these thing and the God of peace (jehovah Shalom) will be with you - Phil.4:6-9


At the end of the day, I have to tell myself, Kai will be exactly all that the Lord has ordained for her to be, nothing MORE nothing LESS. He is in control, all I can do is try my best and honor Him with my efforts.


Lord, please bless me with your shalom!


Remember the former things, those of long ago; I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me. I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say, ‘My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please.’ From the east I summon a bird of prey; from a far-off land, a man to fulfill my purpose. What I have said, that I will bring about; what I have planned, that I will do. -Isaiah 46:9-11