Purity Ball Recap


I can not even begin to explain how our 2nd annual Princess and the Kiss Purity ball turned out. I 'm still just so emotional  over it all. Gods people came together from all walks of life, different cities, states, countries and denominations, to pitch in and help make this night special for the little girls in my hood. I believed they saw God in a way they never saw HIM before that night. All the prayers and talks we had with them throughout this study for the past two years I believe really, really had an impact on them last night. Many of them told me that they felt loved and was just so happy and that is why they were crying a lot. God is GOOD!

We shared with the parents WHY we wanted to teach a purity study, WHY we choose their daughters and WHAT we hope the LORD will accomplish through our service to Him. We ate good, we danced and each girl was then presented a certificate, necklace or purity ring to award her for her faithfulness in completing the bible study. The necklaces and rings, most importantly, we HOPE will be used to remind each girl to KEEP HER KISS until GOD sends her a godly husband.  To conclude out night,  we asked the parents to join us in forming a circle around the girls as we begged the LORDS protection and grace over them. Right before our closing prayer, the girls sang, "Here I Am To Worship" in praise to the Lord. As you know, there weren't that many dry eyes in the room, it was amazing!

I know sometimes we voice to others and we question ourselves and ask, "Am I really making a difference?" "Does what I'm doing really matter". For me personally, last night was proof that God is here and what HE has called each of  us on staff to do, is making a lasting impact on these kids. Even if God NEVER shows us the impact we are having, we should be able to REST and just enjoy the times like we had last night and give thanks anyway to the LORD for even allowing us to take part in WHATEVER it is that HE IS DOING!

 I was overwhelmed with the smiles I saw last night. I would love to share a few of  them with you:

















May the  only WISE God we serve impart much wisdom, dignity, and protection to each of these girls and their families as they strive to live a pure life before the Lord! Thank you so much to all of your who helped make this night truly a memorable one! To God be the GLORY!!!!!