SUMMER 2011 RECAP

Hello out there!
How was your summer? Mine was quite an adventure. I think this was by far the busiest summer we have ever had. Our kids participated in so many fun/ developmental activities. From sewing, to architecture, to archery, to video production, to gymnastics to cheer leading. To top it off, they also did a little academics this summer to keep that school brain going.  More kids in our program this summer, 87 to be exact. More little hearts to reach for the gospel, more attitude from girls 5 going on 30. (lol) In all it was a blast! I always look forward to the summer, it brings so many fun, and AWE inspiring memories. The best part, is seeing smiles on the faces of kids who look forward to camping every year....






Many came hungry for God. I'm not talking about a youth revival, where 20 kids come up to receive Christ because its just the thing to do in that moment. I'm talking about kids who are interested in Christ, who HE is, How they can live for Him and how they can share His love with others. Our middle school kids were impacted the most this summer. During our summer camp, God drew 5 small hearts to Himself. One kid tells me, "Mrs Nicole, I cant wait till we meet tonight for devotions, I just like to sit and listen to Gods word being read, I just want to know more about what God is saying, thats my favorite part of camp." I learned so much from these kids this summer. God convicted and humbled me through the things He was doing in their lives. Many of them really took the time and pondered what it would meant to follow Jesus, I'm so glad it ended with salvation!





So, what's next for us?? VACATION! Our staff is breaking from such a busy summer to take time away with family and REST!! I'm so thankful that such a word exist. I'm very HOPEFUL tonight as my mind ponders how God answered my prayers by showing up in the lives of our kids and revealing Himself to them.  Our after school program begins at the end of this month, through the grace of God and the hands of His people, we have many great things in store for our kiddios. Until then, enjoy the last couple of weeks of summer. I'll be back after vacation.
Have a restful Sabbath!

Camp Blue Lake 2011- CGM staff, Summer Resident Missionaries and Kids