First Day of School & Ways You Can Get Involved w/CGM


We started our fall yr of homeschooling here at Light House Academy and I must say, prayers from family and friends did me well! Thank you all! Homeschooling intimidates me. I am very impatient, easily irritated and I can sometimes not be the life of the party. God gave me grace today and I for that I am very thankful! I hope the rest of the year is like this. Please continue to pray for me. My life can be very overwhelming at times. 




Today was also the first day of our after school program, kaiya and I was so excited about pulling up at the building and being greeted by so many of the new and old kids! When I pulled into the gate, a group of them came running to my car to hug us and my heart just melted with joy. I heart these little suckers, man, I pray they love the Lord boldly!! As I sit at home tonight and think about our after school program and ministry, I cant help but to think about our economy and all that is happening with that and how it has effected us as a ministry. In the beginning where it was easy to invite tons of kids into our home and feed them from a ministry budget that gave us the freedom to do that, due to hard times, that isn't so easy to do anymore. ( but do believe, we continue to practice hospitality by FAITH) We need funding! I cant image what would happen if we needed to cut back on other things. Things that are important, things that have been influential to our kids and their families. We need your help, we need your prayers. I know Satan would love to see us shut down, ( and honestly probably  many people in our city too) but we know and TRUST GOD will provide!


I heard a christian hip hop artist say, " we don't sweat a recession, provision is made for His Bride".
I'm so thankful that I can TRUST in a GOD who owns a cattle on a thousand hills!


Our ministry is growing, more staff is needed, number of kids count is going up in our program.  This ministry will not function without donors. One-time gifts are greatly appreciated, but pledges are what will sustain our ministry. If you would like to contribute to CGM, you may do so in the following ways: 


1. Write a check:  Checks payable to: Common Ground Montgomery, P.O. Box 1866, Montgomery, AL 36102.


 2. If you feel lead to give MONTHLY, QUARTERLY OR ANNUAL PLEDGE - please talk with our administrative staff to set up this option. Call 334.593.5803 or email:commonground@cgmal.org.


3. If you would like to donate from our website you can click the link here to set up your online donation.


Thank you for your willingness to serve the Lord through your giving to our ministry. Thank you for being apart of what the Lord is doing on the westside of Montgomery, Al!