My Life


Many times I visit my own blog to read and be encouraged of all the ways God has worked in our neighborhood. For some reason, as I'm reading I begin to feel a little sad. Not too many encouraging post of how the Lord has used what is happening in ministry to impact other areas of my life. For one, our community garden Seeds of Hope, God has been wacking me upside the head on my own unhealthy eating habits, I can't preach to the hood about eating healthy if I'm not practicing my self what I preach.

"but I discipline my body and make it my slave, so that, after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified." (1 Corinthians 9:27 NASB)

As a result of watching a weekend marathon of food movies( Food Inc., Fat, Sick, Nearly Dead, Tapped, Dirt,ect) on Netflix, I decided to remove many foods I eat from my diet until I can learn self control and eat them in a way that is not controlling or unhealthy for my body. No, sugar or processed foods is not a sin in and of it self, but it can be for me when I chose to not practice self control.

"All things are lawful for me, but not all things are profitable. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be mastered by anything." (1 Corinthians 6:12 NASB)

Often, I find myself being pulled in so many different directions, trying to maintain friendships, parenting, marriage, youth ministry, homeschooling, ect. It can be a bit much and your priorities could very well get out of order if you are not careful. I was talking to a friend a couple of days ago about priorities and one of the things we talked about was, at the end of the day we want to make sure we have made eternal investments into our husband and children. This is my FIRST and MOST important priority. Oh, how I long to do this well, how I long for an older woman to help me love my husband and children. My goal this week is to intentionally look for ways to invest into my family more, to give them just as much attention as I give the many other things that are tugging at me. By the power of the Holy Spirit that works mightily in me, I can and will do this.

"...so that they may encourage the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be sensible, pure, workers at home, kind, being subject to their own husbands, so that the word of God will not be dishonored." (Titus 2:4, 5 NASB)

We are down to a week left in the launch of our church plant, Strong Tower at Washington Park. I'm excited, yet I'm nervous because it will be another area that the Lord I know would want me to serve in. Playing a part in your local church is very important. Being involved will keep me from adding anything else to do on my list, as this will be at the top of my priorities. I can't wait to see what God does with this core group of people.

"and let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds, not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near."(Hebrews 10:24, 25 NASB)

I wanted to use this blog to share about how the Lord is working in my life as a whole, not just CGM ( though thats what end up happening). I think, having a bigger picture of what He is doing will encourage us all. God is amazing! I would not want to rob you of how good, trustworthy and loving He is by what I communicate here. Please pray that every post written is designed to point you to our loving Creator. Pray for me as well, that I strive to be the best helper and mom a family could have. To God be the Glory!






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone