Houston, We Have A Problem

*none of the girls in pic are quoted below-Check them out throwing up their 116 at the Lecrae Rehab Tour*




"I want a baby so bad" -Age 19




"I'm pregnant, it's gon be me and the bay forever..." weeks later.....

"Man i want a (bad word for boy) who gone do for me n miy baby not just for me cuz im with them i have a new person to take care of the same way i take care of miy self" -Age 14




"I love mi baby daddy, its gon be us forever... weeks later..... " I dont come second to any chick, no body cares about me" -Age 14




"Im pregnant....I really am! You betta get ready to take care of this baby!!" -15 year old who repeatedly lies about being pregnant to her boyfriends..







"Mrs. Nicole, "T" just told me she was pregnant again at school, but she had another abortion" ( this is her second one) -Age 15


Someone once asked me a while ago, what was the toughest thing about urban ministry. Well, there are many, too many to name. But there is one that is heavy most of the time, one that is like the thorn in my side that will never go away. Teen Pregnancy and lack of purity.  Although the rate of teen pregnancy  has been declining in recent years, there is still an alarming number of girls becoming pregnant annually. "approximately one million young women get pregnant each year...More than half a million carry their babies to term, and about two- thirds of them will be unmarried when they give birth" (Skolnick 483)

Dealing with Secondary Infertility is not fun. I have my days when I'm ok, I'm trusting in the Lord, remembering all his promises, then there are days I'm angry, frustrated and just plain ol' depressed.
This thorn has produced lots of compassion and patience. God is teaching me to wait, not just wait on more babies, but wait on Him to move in my hood and in the hearts of the little girls who are having babies themselves.  I know God can work a miracle in this area, He can change the hears of the girls around me and open my womb once again, all for the sake of HIS NAME AND GLORY! I believe that!

New Years is quickly approaching and its time for me to start thinking about what we will do for our 3rd annual purity study. I need suggestions. Our girl count has sky rocketed since last year! Which is VERY EXCITING! More girls, means more reached with the message of purity, dignity and worth!
We will take a break from Princess and the Kiss this year to do something new, and return to that curriculum maybe in a year or two. 

What are some good purity studies you've  heard about? I would love to hear about them. 
Please email me or leave a comment here.


Thanks friends!
Please continue to lift all girls around the world in prayer. May their hearts be turned towards the Lord and His marvelous plans for them.