Life Is Hard

"Do not let your hearts be troubled; believe in God,believe also in Me" -John 14:1
The words of Jesus are so comforting. Sometime I sit and think about the faith that HE has given our family to move into this community. The child-like faith HE has gave us to even have the desire to want to serve on staff with CGM. After years of serving, I find often that this faith sometimes is tested, and even seems to deminish. What was once bold, joyous and zealous can become a duty, mundane almost. What happens?
The changing of the seasons of life can bring great challenges, kids grow up and become rebellious teens, staff come and go, sin begins to show its ugly face, you fight to remember why you even decided to be apart of such a hard process of redemption. After much wrestling and searching for Truth, it is then you remember....
You remember what your trials are for and what they produce. Painful circumstances allowed by God to change my conduct and my character. Trials...every one experiences them.
When I sit and think about our ministry, community and our new church plant, sometimes I get overwhelmed of the thought of all that has to happen in order for them to grow into what the Lord wants them to be. I was reminded of something very encouraging this morning, the trials we face can be compared to a bounced check. What an embarrassing thing to happen! You find out you didn't have the resources you thought you did and that is very frustrating! You feel stuck with a problem that you don't have the resources to solve. I often find the temptation here is to become depressed, angry with the Lord and frustrated with life to the point where I just shut down and withdraw!!! You begin to feel so desperate!!!
I then see the Lord is trying to grab our attention. We flat out don't have the resources!!! HE is bringing us to a place of needing Him and deeper faith. This is a new level of dependence on Him and He knows exactly what we need.
He knows what my community needs, He knows what my church needs, He knows what our ministry needs in order to know the He is God and He is the one who sits on the throne!!
The answer to our trials at the end of the day is NOT a new environment, but a NEW YOU!
Ministry (life) can be and is messy, Praise God we serve a God who isn't afraid or ashamed to get His hands dirty!! May we learn to follow in his foot steps!
I'm praying today I get the full benefit from these trials I face. As I once read, life is short and eternity is very long! Learn now!!
"But He knows,the way I take; when he has tried me, I shall come out as gold"- Job 23:10
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone