Drop Your Nets



One of the things I love to experience is watching the Holy Spirit work in the lives of those we minister to. A couple of months ago, our church plant celebrated our 1yr anniversary and I cant even begin to tell you how excited I was to have been apart of such a hard, yet very encouraging year.

That particular Sunday, our worship service was packed with parents and kids from the community! Families that have come and gone through CGM the past 5 years, many of whom we couldn't wait to see walk into worship service. We don't know what the LORD is doing here, but we can see the Spirit moving and blowing and we're excited.

I love the markee in the picture above. This picture was taken by a neighbor of mine of a church in our community. I love it because it explains and symbolizes exactly what it is the Lord has called us to do in this community. No need to be having a good time with your neighbors when you haven't tried to point them to the ONE who is GOOD. God promises to clean them if we just GO OUT and bring/point to them to Him.
I'm witnessing many women cry out to the Lord for help. I'm having conversation with teen boys who believe its impossible to walk with the Lord and live in the hood due to the pressures of the streets, yet, I'm also watching his face light up as I tell Him about the power of God and how all things are possible with Him. I'm witnessing teen girls whom I've walked with for 4.5 years, finally wrestle with the information God allowed us to plant in their hearts back at the age of 16. It is now they are beginning to except and respond to the gospel.

Constant reminder in urban ministry, it's NOTHING I can do, it's NOT my strength, my ability, my good words, my going out to pursue that will change the hearts of man. I confess, I've been frustrated, angry, depressed, and more frustrated because I don't  see the results I want to see when I think they need to be seen. What a promise for God to leave because HE knows how heavy this burden is. God knew I would struggle and wrestle with seeing the fruit of our labor. His love amazes me!! God only wants our faithfulness. He will clean them as I point them to HIM!

I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your impurities and from all your idols.I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws.- Ezekiel 36:25-37



Lord, please teach me how to love, to dwell and trust YOU to work in the hearts of those I minister to. You and you ALONE change hearts, may I be as faithful to your people and this calling, as you are to me in my relationship with you.
In Jesus name, 
Amen.