Life On Life 2









Student: "Mrs. Nicole, like why would you want to mentor me?  I mean, like, do you love me that much?"

Me: "Little girl, God has given me a heart for you. I love you and  I want to show you Jesus and I want you to know Jesus through my love and the through my family. Girl, it is with joy to walk with you the next 6 years. I mean, I cant wait to see all God has in store for your life. You're stuck with me child!"

As apart of out new mentor program, I have the  (as long as the Lord allows) privilege to mentor Chakira (also known as Cha Cha). You may remember her from my FIRST ever video update here. Cha has been involved with my family for 3 yrs now. I am amazed at how well she understands the gospel and scriptures at an young age. She is very smart. She is such a silly girl, loves sports, and though she may try to act very "hard" at times, she is really VERY sensitive at heart.
 My prayer , by Gods grace,  is that I will mentor her well...pointing her to our Savior, loving on her, and really showing up in those times of her life when she  really needs to see Jesus the most. The goal in our new mentor program is to walk with each child all the way through high school. My relationship with Cha is NEVER meant to replace her parents, but to support them and walk along side of them as they raise her. Please pray for my family as we love on this young girl. Pray as well for Chakira future as well as her relationship with Jesus. God has just given me, my husband and my daughter a heart for this girl. I pray she grows into a wise, Christ honoring, pure young lady.